Friday, April 1, 2011

Savory Vegetables


I have been meaning to post about this recipe for awhile. It doesn't have a name per say but I'll just call it Savory Veggies. At the top of the paper the recipe was written on it said "Holly and Nathan" who is my sister and brother in law. I called her to ask her about it...thinking that she gave my grandma Pauline the recipe...and she didn't know what I was talking about. I mentioned something about savory and it triggered something. Apparently one night she and her husband went over for dinner and she made this recipe and since they liked it she mentioned them on the recipe. Funny!

I also found this recipe on the back of a Lipton Recipe Secrets "Savory Herb with Garlic" package. But with my grandmothers glowing report of this recipe which was "Good taste, good for you , fast and easy! A winner!" I had to try it.

Pretty straight forward just cut up various veggies ( zucchini, yellow squash, red, green or yellow peppers, carrots, onions, or mushrooms) mix with 2 tbsp olive oil and the envelope of dry mix then put them in a 9x13 pan and in a preheated (450 degrees) oven for 20 minutes.


When I made the recipe I put red potatoes, red peppers and carrots in it. I should have paid attention to the fact that potatoes weren't mentioned in the list of possible veggies because my "savory veggies" took a lot longer than 20 minutes. I was afraid that the peppers would be a sloppy mess by the end but they faired pretty well. It was a really good recipe. We really liked it. Minus my three year old who wouldn't try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment